It has become common problem for teachers that students do not take interest in the class room. Teachers struggle in engaging student in class room. Teachers need to change their teaching style by introducing some new ideas and techniques to engage student.
Following are some of the techniques that can help teacher to engage student.
1. Use technology in the class room: From last few years technology has become integral part of the system. Students now use cell phones, computer, ipods etc. They are familiar with computers and the internet. So technology can be used to teach student in the class room and students are allowed to access their homework or schoolwork on computers through internet. Students can communicate with each other.
2. Incorporating Multimedia: Multimedia in the form of games, videos can be used with lessons to make class room learning more interesting.
3. Use real world examples: Using real world examples in teaching help students to learn the concept easily. Student can relate the topic with real world examples and they don’t need to memorize the whole concept.
4. Introducing Videos: Before starting any new topic it will be good to use a video to introduce the concept to students.
5. Use Math Games: Math games can be used to make math learning more interactive and interesting. This will help student to learn math with fun.
6. Provide online resource for student help: Students who require little more time to understand the concept can be provided with extra help in the form of online resource such as self learning modules, games, video etc.